The Dermatology Department has five Dermatologists and three Registrars. We have daily outpatient clinics for adult patients, twice-weekly clinics for children, and once-weekly clinics for vulval conditions. We provide a cutaneous oncology surgical service. We will be introducing a comprehensive laser service in 2023.
Nurse-led services include phototherapy, eczema clinic, systemic medicines follow-up clinic, patch testing, sun damage treatment, and wound care.
Students from the University of Auckland and elsewhere who are interested in a placement in Dermatology should contact the Waikato Clinical Campus.
- Reception B, Meade Clinical Centre, Waikato Hospital
- Fortnightly telehealth clinics at Gisborne Hospital
- Two-monthly outreach clinics at Te Kuiti Hospital
Updated 15 January 2023
- If you are a patient with a skin problem, please see your general practitioner/family doctor for assessment and possible referral.
- Hospital inpatient referrals for patients with an acute dermatology problem
Search the Intranet for Dermatology Referral Guidelines
- Primary care: Acute, General, Suspected skin cancer, and follow-up referrals.
See BPAC. Add high-quality clinical images, including dermoscopy. Select an urgency priority.
Refer to HealthPathways.