The Community and Public Health Advisory Committee conducts the business of the Community and Public Health Advisory Committee (CPHAC) and Disability Support Advisory Committee (DSAC).
The Community and Public Health Advisory Committee considers and advises the Commissioner on:
- How equity may be achieved and work prioritised to best achieve it;
- How radical improvement in Maori health outcomes may be achieved and work prioritised to best achieve it;
- How across the health landscape coherence may be achieved which is characterised by strong partnerships including with primary care, community care, iwi and Kaupapa Maori providers;
- The needs of the population;
- Any factors that may adversely affect the health status of the population;
- Priorities for use of health funding across both externally funded services and services delivered by Waikato DHB, including decisions on the adoption or otherwise of particular technologies and procedures by Waikato DHB;
- The initiation, monitoring and termination of contracts by which health funding is delivered including related procurement processes;
- The monitoring of externally funded providers to ensure probity and effectiveness;
- Strategic planning processes for Waikato DHB;
- Its findings on detailed investigation of particular problems, challenges or issues coming within the Committee’s scope;
- Issues that the Committee is directed by the Commissioner to examine including mitigation of particular risks;
- Progress in implementing specific programmes and projects; and
- When opportunities to advocate and make submissions on matters coming within the scope of the Committee should be taken up, and on the content of such advocacy/submissions.
Professor Margaret Wilson (Chair), Ms Te Pora Thompson-Evans, (Deputy Chair),
Dr Karen Poutasi, Mr Andrew Connolly, Mr Chad Paraone, Ms Judy Small, Ms Rachel Karalus, Mr David Slone, Mr John McIntosh, Ms Gerri Pomeroy, Mr Glen Tupuhi, Dr Paul Malpass,
Mr Fungai Mhlanga.
Community and Public Health Advisory Committee / Health Strategy Committee agendas
Read the latest and archived list of Community and Public Health Advisory Committee agendas.