- Sally Webb - Chair (appointed)
- Professor Margaret Wilson - Deputy chair (appointed)
- Crystal Beavis (elected)
- Sally Christie (elected)
- Martin Gallagher (elected)
- Mary Anne Gill (elected)
- Tania Hodges (appointed)
- Dave Macpherson (elected)
- Pippa Mahood (elected)
- Sharon Mariu (appointed)
- Dr Clyde Wade (elected)
Board and committees
On 7 May 2019 the Minister of Health announced the replacement of the Waikato District Health Board members (both elected and appointed) with a commissioner. Read the background to this announcement. The intent is to return to an elected board in 2022.
Details of committees and meeting dates will change following the appointment of the Commissioner. This page will be updated accordingly.
Dr Karen Poutasi
Dr Andrew Connolly
Prof Margaret Wilson
Members of the public are welcome to attend the meetings of committees.
Read the latest and archived list of board agendas
The Community and Public Health Advisory Committee (CPHAC) was previously know as Health Strategy Committee. It conducts the business of the Community & Public Health Advisory Committee (CPHAC) and Disability Support Advisory Committee (DSAC).
- Considers the health needs of the Waikato DHB population and prioritises the use of health funding provided to the Waikato DHB.
- Also monitors programmes by which significant service models and other large programmes are established and implemented.
- Approves and monitors implementation of programmes arising from the Waikato DHB's Strategy adopted in 2016.
Clyde Wade (Chair), Tania Hodges (Deputy Chair), Sally Webb, Sharon Mariu, Pippa Mahood and Crystal Beavis.
External appointees: Te Pora Thompson-Evans (IMC representative), Rob Vigor-Brown (Lakes DHB representative), Mark Arundel (Bay of Plenty DHB representative), Fungai Mhlanga, John McIntosh, David Slone.
Community and Public Health Advisory Committee / Health Strategy Committee agendas
Read the latest and archived list of Community and Public Health Advisory Committee agendas.
The Hospitals Advisory Committee, previously known as Performance Monitoring Committee conducts the business of the Hospital Advisory Committee.
- Monitors the financial and operational performance of services provided or funded by the Waikato DHB.
- Examines the effectiveness of the delivery of services to people with disabilities.
- Examines issues associated with regional or national service initiatives.
Sally Christie (Chair), Crystal Beavis (Deputy Chair), Martin Gallagher, Mary Anne Gill, Dave Macpherson and Sally Webb.
External appointees: Dr Kahu McClintock (IMC representative), Ron Scott (Bay of Plenty DHB representative) and Christine Rankin (Lakes DHB representative).
Performance Monitoring Committee agendas
Read the latest and archived list of Performance Monitoring Committee agendas.
- Audit and Corporate Risk Management Committee - oversees internal and external audit, assesses organisational probity, and monitors core corporate activity such as information systems, treasury and supply chain.
- Sustainability Advisory Committee - ensures the financial sustainability of the Waikato DHB in difficult times.
- Remuneration Committee - assesses the performance of the chief executive and makes appropriate recommendations as to remuneration.
- Māori Health Committee - oversees the development and implementation of work arising from the Waikato DHB strategy which is intended to radically improve Māori health outcomes by eliminating health inequities for Māori.