Disclosure of chief executive expenses
Chief executives of public service departments and statutory crown entities regularly disclose their expenses to provide transparency and accountability for their discretionary expenditure. The disclosures make transparent the standards of probity and financial prudence and provide public assurance about the propriety of the expenditure. This requirement is in line with international practice, and in New Zealand, ministers, members of parliament and mayors are all subject to disclosure provisions.
Disclosures containing information for the financial year (ending 30 June) are published by 31 July each year.
Waikato DHB CE disclosure of expenses
- July 2018 to December 2018 [XLSX, 68 KB] (Interim CE)
- October 2017 to June 2018 [XLSX, 30 KB] (Interim CE)
- July 2017 to October 2017 [XLS, 87 KB] (Acting CE)
- July 2017 to October 2017 [XLS, 57 KB]
- July 2016 to June 2017 [XLSX, 29 KB]
- July 2015 to June 2016 [XLSX, 23 KB]
- July 2014 to June 2015 [XLSX, 24 KB]
- July 2013 to June 2014 [XLS, 52 KB]
- January to June 2013 [XLS, 42 KB]
- July to December 2012 [XLS, 38 KB]
- January 2012 to June 2012 [XLS, 50 KB]
- July 2011 to December 2011 [XLS, 52 KB]
- January 2011 to June 2011 [XLS, 39 KB]
- July 2010 to December 2010 [XLS, 49 KB]
The State Service Commission's (SSC) policy on disclosure of Chief Executive expenses and associated documents can be viewed on the SSC website.