Waikato District invests in the development of employees and offers a variety of non-clinical education, training and programmes available to employees across the Waikato District. These include in-person courses / programmes, on-line learning and training, and resources.
Leadership and management
Our vision is to grow, develop and nurture our leaders to create a healthy and sustainable culture and workforce that flourishes to deliver ‘healthy people, excellent care’.
Through our leadership and management development frameworks and programmes we aim to:
- grow leadership capability across the organisation in a time of constant change;
- collectively develop our leaders’ core capabilities, that will contribute to a healthier and sustainable organisational culture;
- create an equitable leadership framework where we recognise that improving Māori health is the responsibility of everyone working in a leadership role in the health sector;
- break down silos in leadership and recognise the value of our collective strength, to effect positive change in our organisation.
A wide range of specific courses / programmes designed to improve:
- computer applications and device use;
- communication skills;
- team culture;
- service delivery;
- effectiveness and efficiency;
- wellbeing and resilience.
People and Capability (HR)
- Waikato District welcome (orientation day);
- Health & Safety courses;
- Recruitment and selection;
- Employment relations.