Displaying page 5 of 29 for Contact


Main areas of research
Diabetes – cardiovascular disease, kidney disease, hypertension, diabetic retinopathy, neuropathy, glucose control, devices for glucose monitoring and insulin delivery, diabetes and driving.

Annie Johnstone
Study coordinator
Phone: 021 240 9087 

Active/recruiting research

Diabetes and kidney disease - two studies.

Completed studies

Diabetes and cardiovascular outcomes.

How do I make a complaint about care provided by an agency or organisation to an older person?

In the first instance you could contact the service manager of the agency or organisation and discuss the issue with them. For example this may be the home and community support services agency manager in the Waikato local office; or the residential care facility manager.

Waikato DHB's Health of Older People
07 834 3646

Health and Disability Commissioner 
0800 11 22 33

Postgraduate study

... free papers offered for Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy at AUT, and for any Allied Health staff member at Wintec.

There is an application process; demonstration of supervision of students and a career and development plan is required. Please contact your manager to discuss details.

Step 4: Ongoing requirements

It is a requirement of Locality Authorisation that for all HDEC reviewed research, Waikato District Health Board ( is authorised to receive email notifications from the HDEC online application system. 

Once all relevant approvals and documentation has been received by the Research Office an email indicating approval to commence research activities will be sent to the primary contact, and Locality Approval will be signed off on-line at HDEC (if applicable).


COVID-19 affect on planned rebuild of the Henry Rongomau Bennett Centre - February 2021
Corporate Office and IT Projects - November 2020
COVID-19 contact tracing - June 2020
COVID-19 hospitalisation and admission - June 2020
Complaints (Patient) August 2020
Car Park Structure - August 

Send a free e-card

Send a free e-cardSend a free e-card to a patient staying at one of our hospitals. E-cards will be printed and delivered to patients by our volunteer services.

Select where the patient is staying from the location options below.
Provide as much information as you can about the patient you wish to contact.
Messages will be processed and forwarded to the appropriate ward, service or department as soon as possible; usually by the next morning.
Your message will need to be read by Waikato DHB staff...

Baby Clinic

... Baby Clinic come from the Waikato Hospital Newborn Intensive Care Unit (NICU).

All children discharged from the Waikato Hospital Newborn Intensive Care Unit (NICU), weighing less that 1250grams, are eligible for followup.  This consists of telephone contact with the family of all babies discharged from Waikato NICU prior to age one (corrected for prematurity).

Infants residing in the Waikato region are invited for a developmental screening appointment when the child is one (age corrected for...