Main areas of research
The Anaesthesia research team has a broad range of experience. The research focus is in the peri-operative environment, working with the theatre and PACU teams. They are keen to work with different research departments within Waikato Hospital and to build collaborative partnerships on projects.
Current research areas of interest:
- ESB Pilot Trial: Erector Spinae Blockade feasibility Study
- PECs II Trial: PEC’s II blockade study on Patient Quality of Recovery following breast surgery
- The Topical Trial: Topical Sevoflurane in Chronic Painful Ulcers
- LAAOS III Trial: occlusion versus non-occlusion of LAA and stroke
- QRK309 Trial: QPI-1002 Phase 3 for prevention of MAKE in subjects at high risk for AKI.
- Alpha-Max Trial: Modulation of intra-operative real-time 64 channel EEG to reduce delirium in PACU
- Conscious II Trial: EEG and IFT testing of responsiveness during anaesthesia
- Poise-3 Trial: Peri-operative ischaemic evaluation Trial
- TRIG’s Trial: TXA to reduce Infection after GI Surgery
- HOT-ROX Trial: Intraoperative FiO2 levels in major surgery
- The department also collects audit data for a variety of projects.
Professor Jamie Sleigh
Dr Kelly Byrne
Dr Amy Gaskell
Dr Kate Goldstone