Hapū Wānanga ki Tainui
A series of FREE kaupapa Māori Pregnancy Education Wānanga for all residence in the Waikato area.
- One Day Hapū Wānanga is a condensed wānanga that includes pregnancy changes, stages of labour, birthing, pain relief, medical intervention, parenting, safe sleep and breastfeeding
- Two Day Hapū Wānanga is a full complementary wānanga that includes pregnancy changes, stages of labour, birthing, pain relief, medical intervention, emotional changes, parenting, safe sleep and breastfeeding
- Breastfeeding WaiŪ Wānanga is a 2hour Pregnancy Breastfeeding Wānanga that includes preparing for baby, positioning, latching, breast and nipple care and tips and tricks on how to breastfeed successfully
- Māori Birthing Te poho o Nuku Wānanga is a 2hour therapeutic wānanga alongside TūTonu Hauora that includes traditional Māori Birthing Practices and contemporary birth plans, Rongoā Māori and the use of Taonga Pūoro from conception to birth
- Wahakura Waikawa Wānanga is an overnight Noho Marae where you can learn to weave your very own Wahakura Waikawa (Safe Sleep Bed) for pēpi alongside specialist weavers
How to contact us
- Business hours are 8am-4pm
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Text and call 027 331 0029
- Message our social media when you follow us on Facebook @HapuWanangaKiTainuiNZ and Instagram @hapuwanangakitainui.