Kaitiaki Frontline Service offers cultural support for Maaori and their whaanau, who are accessing General Hospital services in Waiora Waikato, Tokoroa, Te Kuiti, Thames and Taumaranui hospitals.
When Māori turoro/patients and their whaanau need Kaitiaki intervention/support ask your ward staff to make a referral to Kaitiaki.
What is the role of Kaitiaki?
- To offer hauora advice and understanding about your clinical cares, treatment and discharge pathway whilst being a patient keeping your Māori beliefs, values and cultural practices intact.
- To offer guidance and advice regarding your loved one being Tupapaku/ deceased, understanding Coroners process but still maintaining Māori beliefs, values and cultural practices.
- To offer korero Kanohi ki te kanohi and recommendations for Māori patients during their admission in hospital.
- To connect patients to other hospital services that can help them whilst they are in hospital
- To connect patient and whānau to external support services.
Phone 021 806 171
Waiora Waikato Hospital ward Kaitiaki
- Dale Marriott - Kaitiaki IC
- Sharlene Henry
- Amanda Gawith
- Hineiri Rangitutia
- Kahutia Nikora
Children Development Centre
- Alison Leota
- Susan King
Taumarunui, Te Kuiti Hospital
- Marama Holland
- Tumanako (William) Haumaha
If you have a complaint, stop, think, ask for complaint form, fill in, and be brief to the point, time, and detail how many persons involved, date, and your contact detail. Put in envelope provided and hand to staff or Kaitiaki.
Thank you your complaint helps us be better connected and better providers.